Thursday 5 April 2012

O.S.O and a caramel pear tart

Those of you who visit Abi's blog  will know that O.S.O stands for Operation Speak Out.
A day where we take the time to comment on every blog we read.  Yes.  Every one.  Even if it's just a word or two.  Just to let someone know we've visited.  Because although you can go through your statistics and see how many people view compared to how many comment, it is kind of nice to see for yourself isn't it?  So what can I use to entice you to come by and stay a little while?  How about the recipe that won the taste test on Tuesday and will be the dessert tonight when we have friends round for dinner?  It's so simple I'm almost ashamed to share it but here goes:

1 pack of ready made puff pastry
1 tin of Caramel Condensed milk or Dulce de Leche
2 ripe pears

Pre heat oven to 200 degrees/Gas 6 (?)
Cut out 4 rounds from the pastry, you will need it to be the length of the pear plus about 2 inches.  The pear will sit in the middle with an inch rim all round.
Place pastry circles on baking tin.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of caramel into the centre of the pastry circle and spread out to within an inch of the edge.
Cut pear in half and take out core.
Place pear on chopping board and carefully cut slices into it ALMOST up to the stalk.
Place pear on top of caramel and gently fan out the slices.
Glaze the pastry rim with beaten egg and cook for about 20 mins until pastry is golden and pear is cooked through.

Serve with either double cream or ice cream.  Or in the case of my husband - both.

14 comments:

Abi said...

Thank you so much for plugging this! The recipe looks amazing! I will have to give it a try. Thank you as well for joining in with OSO! xx

JO SOWERBY said...

ooh the recipe sounds yummy, mmmh might have to make this. any other fruit recommendations as im not a pear loving girly,
jo xxx

Beverly said...

This definitely sounds like a winner and I love that it's not labor intensive :)

scrappyjacky said...

I'm not a lover of cooked pear....but think this would be delicious with peach instead.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow- that couldn't be easier, could it? And we have a pear tree which gives lots of fruit, so it's perfect for us.
Rinda

Sian said...

Yum!

I'm definitely supporting OSO today - I think it's a fine idea. Though I do try to leave as many comments as I can every day. Maybe I just talk too much lol

Anonymous said...

I am a commenting fool today! It's really a good idea because I always think about how much I love the posts I'm reading but I dont say it. So that shall change going forward :)

Alison said...

That sounds fabulously calorific Deb!
Alison xx

alexa said...

My mouth is watering already - I've never quite know what to do with dulche de leche, so thank-you!

furrypig said...

great recipe, can I just check do you peel the pear first? I have been joining in OSO and have so far commented on over 40 blogs!

Jo.C said...

Ahh now that is my type of dessert. Something really simple but will look effective and taste great.
Will try this. Do something similar with apples that saw on ready steady cook years ago.
I want to try Heston's scotch eggs tomorrow - bet mine don't stay runny ;0)

Anonymous said...

If I get time later I will take up the challenge of commenting on every blog I read! Love the look of that tart x

Denise said...

I try to comeent whenevr I bloghop - we all love comments don't we? Hope pudding was nice- it looks yummy x x

Scrappi Sandi said...

OMG...that recipe sounds divine BUT I'm going to forget I read it or all my hard work at Weight Watchers will be undone!!!! ;D